Winter Release / Base Game crossover
Carcassonne Central
April 26, 2024, 06:19:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Winter Release / Base Game crossover  (Read 17896 times)
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2012, 08:38:09 PM »

It's cool.  I have no problem with using it.  I think it would be fun to put them together no matter what you call it.

Flee the fleas!
Captain Pedantic
Villein

Merit: 0

Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2012, 06:09:16 PM »

So I've been thinking more on this. (As I just printed off the winter expansion and am waiting for the blank tiles to be delivered).

I thought about having the board to begin with and the more I thought the more I didn't like it. For 2 reasons...
1) you can't place meeples on any of the features
2) it's the same every time

So I thought of making 12 tiles (more if we include expansion like cults and tower). The tiles are lowlands (spring/green) on one edge and highlands (winter/white) generally on the opposite edge.
In the middle of all bar two tiles is a cliff face or mountain or something to show it goes upland and it goes from an edge to an edge.
Two tiles the cliff/mountain goes from one edge then bends to the winter corner. These are the start and finish tiles.
On the tiles can be features such as city, cloisters and roads. Roads can go over the mountains, cities show they have 2 levels to go uplands. At one or two points there are mountain passes to allow the farms to go from one side to the other.

Play goes like the rules to original river expansion. In which the start tile is placed, and then one by one the others are played, you can place a meeple or not. This continues until you run out of crossover pieces and you place the ending piece.
Maybe the mountains can bend so it is not always a straight line.

This fixes the two problems I had above.

I've downloaded gimp and a few training programs but are there any good scans of the features and backgrounds I can use? I don't have a scanner.

Fritz_Spinne
Freeman

Merit: 1

Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2012, 10:05:54 PM »

For a quick try:
Just open the the pdf-files, zoom in at 400%, take a snapshot (camera in your pdf-reader?) and paste in gimp.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: