The Relics
Carcassonne Central
April 26, 2024, 03:36:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Relics  (Read 25998 times)
Whaleyland
Authors
Viscount

Merit: 28

Often the loser, but still undefeated.

WWW Awards
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2011, 08:58:02 AM »

Thanks for the bump. I forgot that I had finished the reliquary tiles as well as the faerie rings. I don't believe I have worked on this any more since the last post. The main problem I was having was making the souvenir tiles. I had thought recently about simply using tiles that have already been created for other expansions — simple tiles that add very simple mechanics. As an alternative, I was thinking of making a draw pile of souvenir tiles composed completely of expansion features. Something like this:

• 1 Cathedral
• 2 Inns
• 1 Pig Farm
• 2 Magic Portals
• 1 Princess
• 2 Tower Foundations
• 2 Abbeys
• 2 Double-pennant cities
• 1 Siege
• 1 Bazaar
• 3 Crop Circles (one of each type)

That would be 18 bonus tiles, which would mean every game would have some variety. It would also bring the expansion's tile count up to 36 (18 Souvenir Tiles, 6 Faerie Circles, 12 Reliquaries). Sure it isn't as creative as my previous idea, but it would be much easier to format and the rules would already be known (well, at least by people who play all/most of the expansions). What do you think? I still want to finish Invaders first, but if I could finish both of these expansions, that would be wonderful.

'There is no place in a fanatic's head where reason can enter'.
- Napoleon Bonaparte I, Emperor of the French (1804-1814, 1815)
loganmann1
Duke

Merit: 6

Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2011, 03:17:59 PM »

I think that could be quite a fun idea.  A little like Blackmarket in Dominion where it brings in something just you get to use.  I think that could be quite cool actually.  These tiles could perhaps have a unique back all their own.

While having onetime special tiles for this seems cool (like the you have majority of this farm no matter what tile) going with this approach would certainly make it easier to integrate.
palkan
Villein

Merit: 3

Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2012, 12:40:04 AM »

Up!

I think that the idea of bonus tiles is rather good one. Maybe we should try to develop colloborative expansion like this?
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: